Anyone can become a fine art photographer, but not everyone can become a gallery-represented artist.
Talent alone will not bring you recognition as a fine art photographer. For that, you need exposure to collectors and museums. Galleries can give you that exposure, but first you need an effective marketing plan to reach the galleries. You will find that plan in From Photographer to Gallery Artist.
Author Kara Lane conducted hundreds of hours of research, and contacted over sixty galleries, to find the best strategies for getting your fine art photography into galleries. Now she is sharing the secrets she discovered with you.
In this complete guide to finding gallery representation, you will learn:
- The criteria galleries use to evaluate fine art photography
- Three primary resources for identifying the best galleries for you
- The tools you need to showcase your images and experience
- Six major marketing strategies for attracting gallery representation
- Key issues to discuss with galleries before agreeing to representation
- How eight famous fine art photographers achieved their success
- Self-assessment questions to help clarify what you want from your life and art
- Lists of recommended portfolio review events, art fairs, juried shows and competitions, art magazines and blogs, artist websites, and other resources to help you become a gallery-represented fine art photographer
With your talent, effort, and persistence…and the research and marketing strategies in From Photographer to Gallery Artist…you can achieve gallery representation!
Fine Art Photography Blog
In Part I of Portfolio Review Events for Fine Art Photographers, I talked about how portfolio review events work and why galleries recommend them. In Part II, I will talk about how to prepare for the portfolio reviews and will recommend specific portfolio review...
If you have never attended any portfolio review events, you may be surprised to learn that they are one of the top promotional activities that galleries recommend to emerging fine art photographers. Attending these events allows you to receive feedback on your...