I am a publishing consultant who helps first-time authors and self-published authors create quality nonfiction books. Whether you are writing a how-to, self-help, or business book, I can help you achieve your goal.
Writing a quality book is harder than it looks. Good nonfiction books solve a problem. The content is clear, complete, and concise. The information is specific, not general information that could be found from a Google search. The writing flows well and is informative, actionable, and easy to understand.
While writing a good book is essential for success, equally important is knowing the best way to publish and market it. There are over a million books published in the U.S. each year, so books must be professionally published and effectively marketed to stand out.
As the author of four books (each one more successful than the last), I can share what I have learned and help you avoid the rookie mistakes I made.
If you need help with your nonfiction book, I can help you:
- Clarify your writing goals and topic
- Identify your target reader
- Develop your own voice and style of writing
- Organize the writing process to save you time and keep you focused
- Research information on your book’s topic
- Avoid the most common punctuation, grammar, formatting, and stylistic errors
- Choose an attention-getting, search-optimized book title
- Find a designer to create your cover and properly format your book’s interior
- Edit your book and find beta readers
- Determine whether self-publishing or traditional publishing is best for you
- Decide which keywords and categories will help readers discover your book
- Learn the most effective strategies for marketing your book
- Improve books you previously self-published or which are currently in progress
If you are ready to write, publish, and market a quality book, I can coach you through the entire process or just help you in the areas where you need it. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.